Name of the position - PROJECT MANAGER (initially for 9 months)
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) vision is for a water secure world. Its mission is to support the sustainable development and management of water resources at all levels.
GWP was created to foster the implementation of integrated water resources management (IWRM): the coordinated development and management of water, land, and related resources by maximising economic and social welfare without compromising the sustainability of ecosystems and the environment.
GWP Central and Eastern Europe’s international network comprises 11 Country Water Partnerships in Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine and close to 200 Partners located in 11 countries.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
GWP seeks a Project Manager to engage in new project development and existing project implementation across GWP CEE’s portfolio.
The Project Manager will be integrated in the Global Water Partnership Central and Eastern Europe (GWP CEE) Secretariat, based at the Slovak Hydrometeorological Institute in Bratislava, Slovakia, with the availability to work remotely from any of the 11 countries within the GWP CEE region, with frequent travel around the region and beyond. S/he will be reporting to the GWP CEE Regional Coordinator and working closely with the GWP CEE Programme and Project Managers and other members of the team.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Project Coordination and Resource Mobilization
Identify funding sources and prepare or lead preparation for designing and submitting project concepts and proposals for financing
- Coordinate the implementation of projects, including performing quality control and providing technical guidance, financial monitoring, reporting coordination
Ensure knowledge transfer for individual projects within and outside of the GWP network
Contribute and cooperate with Financial Officer on a sound financial reporting for projects
If needed, support consultants outsourced for individual projects.
Collaborate with all GWP CEE Secretariat staff in key corporate functional areas, including: (i) resources mobilization, (ii) cooperation with GWP CEE partners in the projects, (iii) GWP CEE Knowledge Management and (iv) communication of GWP CEE activities
Contribute to the reporting obligations of GWP CEE.
- Manage project budgets, compile the inputs for reporting, organize working meetings and travel related to her/his assignment both in terms of content and logistics, in compliance with relevant GWP Guidelines
- Participate in Regional Council meetings and other meetings called by GWP CEE Regional Coordinator
• Enthusiasm, dedication, entrepreneurial spirit, “can-do” attitude
• Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment and a display of initiative in designing and implementing new fundraising ideas and systems
• Must be able to multi-task and be detail-oriented
• Creativity and the ability to think “out-of-the-box” is desired
• Skilled team player
• Sharing the vision and mission of the GWP CEE
• Flexibility; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Master’s degree (or higher) in the field of water management, environmental, science or physical and social geography, socioeconomics
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a field related to natural resource management, climate change, or related fields (international experiences are a plus)
• At least 2 years of work experiences in fundraising, project development and project management
• Proven experience in preparing successful project applications to international donors, including EU funds not limited to Horizon Europe, Interreg, EUKI etc.
• Proven experience in coordination of multi-partner activities and projects
• Ability to work and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams, including representatives from government, administration, academia, experts, civil society and the private sector
• Experience in project communications (internal and external) and stakeholder engagement
• Experience in other non-governmental organizations is an advantage
• Knowledge of global and EU environmental standards and frameworks, e.g., the Paris Agreement, SDGs, Green Deal, Water Framework Directive, etc.
• Good knowledge of water, climate and environmental issues in the CEE region is an advantage
• Experience in working in multicultural environments is an advantage
• Fluency in English is essential, knowledge of Slovak or Czech is desirable, another language is an advantage
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Miro
• Excellent computer skills and use of different tools for teleconference and online events
• Excellent organizational and networking skills, team-oriented attitude and ability to work independently.
Due to a high volume of submissions, we will only contact shortlisted candidates.
2,800 EUR for each month of work and with the obligation to cover all tax and social security contributions as an independent contractor invoicing GWP CEE
Contract Start Date
For an initial period of 9 months, with a full potential for extension
Team member benefits
• Flexible working arrangements
• Participation in projects in the CEE region and beyond
• Teambuilding activities
• Work in an international environment