Following up work, outputs and impacts achieved in previous years, GWP-Med will engage during 2017-2019 in the Climate Change Adaptation agenda through the following key lines:
Aimed outputs: Regional and national policy dialogue is facilitated, capacity is built and solutions are catalysed on climate change adaptation and climate variability issues
Progress markers: Decision makers and stakeholders develop better understanding of and advance policies related to climate change and variability mainstreaming in national and sectoral planning processes towards climate security, including by addressing mitigation/adaptation co-benefits, through:
- policy and action planning;
- elaboration of investment portfolios;
- exploration of options for private sector engagement;
- support to countries on preparing and advancing National Adaptation Plans (NAPs);
- support to countries on preparing and advancing Intended Nationally Determined Contribution (INDCs) setting and implementation; etc.
Partners: Governments, local authorities, RBOs, sustainable development stakeholders, regional institutions, private sector including insurance companies, donors.
Indicatively, key aimed beneficiaries include: Ministry of Agriculture of Tunisia, Palestinian Water Authority, Lebanese Ministry of Energy and Water, Jordanian Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Mauritanian Ministry of Hydraulics, Ministry of Tourism and Sustainable Development of Montenegro, Ministry of Environment of Albania, etc.