The Global Water Partnership (GWP) Water ChangeMaker Awards closed its submissions on June 14th, 2020 – with 350+ individuals and groups from over 80 countries having submitted their personal experiences on how they have influenced water decisions that build climate resilience. Since that time, all submitted projects have undergone eligibility and verification screening.
The list of all eligible submissions from across the globe that will move forward to the first stage of judging with the Technical Jury is now available on the Water ChangeMaker Awards website here.
The Global Water Partnership-Caribbean (GWP-C) wishes to specially acknowledge the Caribbean organisations and teams that have been found eligible to move on to the next stage in this global competition:
- Grenada Climate-Resilient Water Sector (G-CREWS) Project. National Water and Sewerage Authority (NAWASA), Grenada
- NAWASA's Community Water Storage Project. National Water and Sewerage Authority (NAWASA), Grenada
- The Upgrading of Jamaica's Hydromet Data Collection, Processing and Forecasting Systems: The Project Development Objective Was to Improve the Quality and Use of Climate Related Data and Information for Effective Planning and Action at Local and National Levels. Water Resources Authority (WRA), Jamaica
Trinidad and Tobago
- Integrated Soil and Water Management as Climate Change Resilience Strategies on Smallholder Family-Farms in Trinidad. Ro-Crops Agrotec, Trinidad and Tobago
- Regional Strategic Action Plan for Climate Resilience of the Water Sector in the Caribbean Region. The Caribbean Water and Wastewater Association (CWWA), Trinidad and Tobago
- The NIHERST Environmental Solutions for Sustainable Communities Programme for Rainwater Harvesting Systems in Rural Communities. The National Institute of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (NIHERST), Trinidad and Tobago
Find out more about the judging phase and the Technical Jury for the competition here.
We salute all the Water ChangeMakers from across the globe that took the time to enter this competition to make smart water decisions visible!