Programmes & Themes
Global Water Partnership Southern /Africa Coordination Unit has the following portfolio of main programs and projects:
- Africa Water Investment Program (AIP) - a program that has been developed to enhance job creation through investments in water security, industrialization and climate-resilient development.
- Water, Climate and Development Program (WACDEP) - a pan-African program promoting integration of water security and climate resilience into development programs.
- Water-Energy-Food (WEF) Nexus program is currently being implemented in the SADC to establish a regional WEF Nexus Framework that will facilitate investment in the region.
- SADC GiZ Transboundary Water Management Programme is currently being implemented in the SADC region to promote investment-led transboundary management and governance of water and environmental resources.
- The African Cities Program for Integrated Urban Sanitation and Water Management aims to promote integrated urban water and sanitation investment for resilient cities in Africa.
- Climate-resilient Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) program aims to promote climate-resilient WASH services through the provision of a strategic framework, building capacity on WASH and climate-resilient development.