China Institute of Water Resources and Hydropower Research (IWHR) started its graduate education in the 1950s and has excellent research facilities and equipment, a large number of cutting-edge research projects, adequate research funding, numerous literature resources, a top-notch team of graduate supervisors (257 master’s supervisors and 127 doctoral ones). After more than 6 decades of exploration and development, IWHR has established a complete and unique system of graduate education.
DEGREE PROGRAMS IN ENGLISH
Eight (8) programs for master’s degree and doctoral degree:
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrology and Water Resources
- Hydraulics and River Dynamics
- Hydraulic Structure Engineering
- Hydraulic and Hydropower Engineering
- Water Disaster and Security
Duration of Study:
- Standard duration 3 years for master’s degree and 4 years for doctoral degree.
- Application is open only to non-Chinese citizens who are in good health.
Educational Background and Age Limit
- The applicant for a master’s program must be under the age of 35 and has a bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant for a doctoral program must be under the age of 40 and has a master’s degree.
- Graduates from universities of English-speaking countries;
- Graduates from universities where English is the official language;
- IELTS: overall grade of 6.0 or above;
- TOEFL: overall score of 80 or above.
- Application Fee: Free in 2024;
- Annual Tuition: CNY 26,000-CNY 39,000;
- Annual Accommodation: CNY 24,000;
- Annual Insurance: CNY 800.
IWHR Scholarships for International Students
In 2024, scholarships of up to CNY 113,600 per year are available for outstanding applicants, including all or part of the following items:
- Waiver of the fees of tuition, accommodation and medical insurance;
- Living stipend of up to CNY 49,800 per person per year.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants for academic degree programs shall submit application documents to email@example.com.
Required Application Documents
- See details at http://gs.iwhr.com/skyyjsy/en/Admission/How/A06110303index_1.htm
- Applicants for academic degree programs shall submit their acceptable application materials before 31st May 2024.
Admission Notice Time:
- Between 10th June and 15th July 2024.
- Beginning of the Semester:
- In early September 2024 (See the specific date on the admission notice).
- Address: Office of International Student Affairs, Graduate School, China Institute of Water Resources and Hydropower Research, 20 Chegongzhuang West Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.China
- Zip Code: 100048;
- Telephone: +86-10-68786859;
- Fax: +86-10-68785988;
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Turret Summer Palace
Bird's Nest (National Stadium) National Grand Theater