The dialogue will explore the fundamental inter-connections between food systems and water systems, and their relations to other areas fundamental to the Sustainable Development Goals, such as energy, climate, and the environment.
Participants will be invited to explore how water is an essential ingredient for sustainable food systems to:
- ensure access to safe and nutritious food for all
- shift to sustainable consumption patterns
- boost nature-positive production
- advance equitable livelihoods
- and build resilience to vulnerabilities, shocks and stress
The event will also build on the learnings that are arising on water and food systems in national and regional dialogues. Major water challenges that are threatening local and international food systems will be unpacked.
More information about the event is available on the Food Systems Summits Dialogues website.